Can you believe how fast four years have flown by? Through late-night study sessions and cramming for exams, sneaking naps in the Kirby Student Center and pounding on rinkside glass at hockey games, you’ve been UMD Bulldogs through and through. Now, it’s time we celebrate you and all you’ve accomplished since your first steps on campus as a new Bulldog and as a college freshman.
The UMD Alumni Association invites you, UMD’s graduating senior students, to Grad Party 2014!
Make it a night to remember.
Make it #un4gettable!
The party is on rain, snow or shine!
WHEN: Thursday, May 8
TIME: 6:00 – 9:00 PM
WHERE: Glensheen, the historic Congdon Estate
COST: $10 per graduate
How are we celebrating?
– Tours of the historic estate Glensheen Mansion (and if you ride the Shuttle Bus, you’ll be automatically included to win an exclusive Flashlight Tour after the main tours are over!)
– Grilled picnic on the beach! Hamburger, hot dogs and all the sides and fixings provided by Famous Dave’s. (Vegetarian options will be available.)
– 2 Drink Tickets (Yes, real drinks!)
– Bonfires and S’mores on the beach
– Music by KUMD, and they’re taking requests! Email email@example.com with the song selections you’d love to hear at Grad Party. It IS your party, after all.
– Prize giveaways, courtesy of local Duluth Businesses
…and MUCH MORE!
Don’t Wait, Seniors. RSVP Now!
Reservations are required for attending Grad Party 2014! You can RSVP online or call the UMDAA office at (218) 726-7164 through Monday, May 5th. If calling to make your RSVP, be ready to provide your Student ID # and payment information.
You MUST present your student ID and driver’s license for admittance the day of the event. This Grad Party is open to all seniors graduating in May, Summer, and December 2014. Sorry, graduates only — no guests! Space is limited.
Take the Shuttle!
We highly encourage Grad Party attendees to ride the complimentary shuttle bus from UMD. The Glensheen Parking Lot is currently under construction, and spaces will be limited. The bus departs from Maroon Lot B along College Street at 5:30 pm, 6:00 pm, and 6:20 pm. Three departures are scheduled from Glensheen at 8:15 pm, 9:00 pm and 9:15 pm. If you do have to drive, we understand, just make sure to carpool!
Glensheen Fun Fact!
Because the home, stables and greenhouse went through 100 tons of coal each year, manholes were created alongside London Road into which the coal was delivered and then auger-fed into coal bins inside Glensheen. You’ll learn neat tidbits like this and more on the tours at Grad Party!